View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 05:49 AM   #166
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by danni View Post
With another wireless access point installed in another network it works
Okay good, so we know it's not your ereader that is having problems

Quote:
but I don't understand which is the problem with kobo and cisco aironet 1200. All my other devices (notebooks, phones) have no problems with it.
They might just not like each other. I know Macs often don't like linksys... But it could also be one of the things davidfor mentioned.

Quote:
I don't have MAC address filtering. What do you mean for "run out of ip addresses"?
The router is set to allocate IP addresses to the devices that make contact with it. Those IP addresses come out of a set range, say from 192.168.254.10 to 192.168.254.40. If that range is smaller than the number of devices you have that connect, you'll run out of IP addresses to give out, and the newest device won't be able to connect. Usually the range is wide enough, but if you're a family of 6 with 6 smartphones and 6 laptops and 6 iPod touches and 5 ereaders etc then the 6th ereader might not fit... You can manually change the range inside the router.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 01-12-2013 at 05:52 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote