View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 03:06 AM   #15
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzar View Post
Sorry, I have a Glo and a lot (maybe all, I can't recall one that I could adjust those) of my sideloaded books just won't adjust margins and line spacing. You can move the cursor left/right, but nothing happens. It was the same on my Touch too.
If your sideloaded book has margins and line spacing set in the stylesheets or directly in the xhtml code, the Kobo will not override it. Font size is also affected as the Kobo starts with the ebooks font size and modifies it from there -- a book that uses 1.33em as the default font size will have text about 33% larger than a book that uses 1em as the default font size at the same font size setting.

Personally, I have a stock set of line spacings, margins and font sizes plus other bits and pieces in a stylesheet that I use in all the ebooks I modify just to keep a consistent appearance. Nothing like buying three ebooks in a series and finding the default font size ranges from .8em to 1.4em which makes switching between books to check information a PITA. Book 1, she's a niece, book 2 she's a daughter, book 3 she's a granddaughter. Either poor author continuity or a family that takes kissing cousins to a whole new level.

Sample for the body style I use:

display: block;
font-size: 1em;
margin-bottom: 5pt;
margin-left: 5pt;
margin-right: 5pt;
margin-top: 5pt;
padding-left: 0;
padding-right: 0;
text-align: left;
word-wrap: break-word;
widows: 2;