View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 01:29 PM   #2
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I have it, I bought it from B&H this past spring for $100. Though I purchased it for my handful of comics and cookbooks, and for the ability to watch videos, I actually use it more for simple reading than I do my JBL. I really like the backlit screen--I keep the brightness at the lowest setting, but it's still bright enough to read in a dark room. It's a little heavy, but not onerous.

If you have a lot of files (thousands!) on an SD card, it is extremely slow to load them--as opposed to the JBL, which has no problem with them. I couldn't just pop my nearly full 8gb SD card from the JBL into the Libre Color--took forever to load, forever to scroll through pages. So what I do is just use a separate SD card in the Libre Color, and add current reading to it.

As a second reader, it's great. The colors are vibrant; the size of the screen is just about adequate for a comic book page. I've only tried a few videos; the sound is low so you really need to use earbuds. I'm happy with it and think it was well worth the $100. At $80, it's a real bargain.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote