View Single Post
Old 08-05-2014, 09:29 PM   #70
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Pretty much echoing many of your sentiments. It's a shame, to see them go, but hardly unexpected.
I'll run my 650 until it dies like I did with my 505. After that, who knows. I'm planning on replacing my 650 with the EARL tablet when it arrives as my primary reader anyways, so I guess we'll see. If I were to buy another dedicated reader, I'd probably go to a Kobo, if for no other reason than I really, really don't want to convert my entire library to mobi or awz or whatever from epub.
Converting to AZW3/MOBI costs nothing but disk space. If disk space is a problem for you, then go with a Kobo.

But if you are just concerned about the effort of doing all those conversions, I feel obliged to point out that you can queue hundreds of conversions right before you go to bed, and leave calibre churning overnight. When you get up in the morning it will all be done.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote