View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 07:33 AM   #1
mightymouse2045
Enthusiast
mightymouse2045 began at the beginning.

Device: xoom
Question Regular expression builder plugin?

Hi,

Would anyone be able to write a regular expression plugin that would allow us to select the various variables ie (title), (author), (series) etc and move them around with an AND or OR in between them to allow it to match multiple criteria etc and then once we have what we want it populates a text field with the regular expression that would match what we want

ie (title) AND - (author) OR _ (series) OR (series_index)

Would give a regular expression that would match the following:

title - author
title - author_series
title - author_ series
title - author _series
title - author _ series
title - author_series seriesindex
title - author _series seriesindex
title - author_ seriesseriesindex
title - author _ series seriesindex
title - author _ seriesseriesindex

and obviously any combination you put the fields in with AND or OR or whatever it is that someone could come up with? and maybe being able to put a NOT in front or something.

It's just I often get a lot of books in completely different naming formats and it is constantly a pain for me to go through and rewrite a regular expression because i am just not geeky enough to get where to put a ? or a /s or whatever it is i am matching against and an hour or two later I realise it would have been easier for me to just go through and rename the 30 or 50 books I've imported instead of trying to fumble around getting a regular expression written that captures exactly what I need without further changes required after importing them....

Pretty please
mightymouse2045 is offline   Reply With Quote