View Single Post
Old 05-29-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
avere
avere began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Accessing ebooks in Dropbox from the iPad

I just got my iPad today and was really disappointed to see that Stanza doesn't have an iPad version. On my iPhone, I use Stanza to access my library stored in Dropbox and I love being able to access my entire library, no matter where I am. After some experimenting, I have managed to recreate this setup on the iPad.

To do this, I am using ReadMe as my ebook reader on the iPad. Although it does not have all the bells and whistles of some of the other readers, it has my "deal breaker" features (although I hope they will add some features in the future, like searching and annotation).

To access my library in Dropbox, I used Calibre2OPDS to create an HTML catalog of my epub ebooks. This catalog (along with all the epub files) is stored in my Dropbox public folder. This then allows me to use ReadMe's "Download from the Web" method of adding a book, by pointing ReadMe to the ....catalog.html page created by Calibre2OPDS. I can then navigate around my catalog, select the desired book, and download it into ReadMe.

This is the only way I have come up with to do this, and I would love to know if anyone else has found a different/better way.
avere is offline   Reply With Quote