View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 02:15 PM   #40
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by forkyfork View Post
I didn't know Target's return policy was so generous. I thought once you open it, it's yours.
I asked the clerk if I could check it out & return it within 30 days without any kind of restocking fees. He said no, sir, it's not 30 days, it's 90 days, no questions asked, no fees.

[ EDIT on Monday 08 June 2009: After a week's use, and a ton of reading this weekend, I returned my PRS-505 to Target. Full refund including local sales tax, no questions asked, no fees of any kind deducted. Will read from dead trees pending the arrival of my SonyRewards dark-blue model... ]

[ EDIT on Tuesday 09 June 2009: I still hadn't received an email from SonyRewards to say my dark blue model had been shipped, but when I went to the site to checkthe order status there was finally a Fedex tracking number. So as of today the process has been... Day 0 (01 June) apply for credit card & get instant approval, Day 2 (03 June) able to use my new CC at sonyrewards to redeem the offer, Day 7 (08 June) PRS-505/LC left facility in La Grange, IL, Day 10 (11 June), PRS-505/LC due at my door. If I ignore weekends, the reader shipped on the 3rd business day after actually ordering it, due to arrive on the 6th business day. ]

Last edited by Zapped; 06-09-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote