View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 11:08 AM   #61
mheflin
mheflin began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatingPie
Does the NASB in LIT format have paragraphs? The few electronic NIV Bibles I've seen have line-breaks at each verse. Very annoying, and astoundingly unreadable on the Reader. Also, does CLIT work on your NASB, and where did you get it??

The post #34 bible is pretty good. It has a main TOC page listing all the books. These link to a TOC page for the specific book, and there you select which chapter you want. It has paragraphs, and super-scripted verse numbers. The biggest problem is that it lacks a header to tell you what book you're on (or what chapter, for that matter) so it's easy to get lost.

I developed my program pielrf with the target of converting a Bible. It's feature-complete for regular books (version 1.2, soon to be posted and officially announced) but needs one more addition for it to work on a Bible (a <subchapter> tag). I may break off a totally different version to do this.

-Pie
The text appears to break return on each verse but not an extra space. There are sections (with headers inserted). Here is an example:

The Flight to Egypt

13 Now when they had gone, behold, an angel of the Lord *appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Get up! Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is going to search for the Child to destroy Him."
14 So Joseph got up and took the Child and His mother while it was still night, and left for Egypt.
15 He remained there until the death of Herod. This was to fulfill what had been spoken by the Lord through the prophet: "OUT OF EGYPT I CALLED MY SON."

Herod Slaughters Babies

16 Then when Herod saw that he had been tricked by the magi, he became very enraged, and sent and slew all the male children who were in Bethlehem and all its vicinity, from two years old and under, according to

I purchased it at http://www.ebookmall.com/ebook/126934-ebook.htm for $9.99.

I tried CLIT and it did not work for me --- could be user error. I also tried ABC Amber LIT Converter.

I look forward to seeing your next version. Thanks for the help.
mheflin is offline   Reply With Quote