View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 03:33 AM   #189
Yellowfrog
Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yellowfrog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I just got a new Paperwhite, ordered just a week ago; it's a 502 serial number. Thought I'd chime in with some comments compared with the first one I got when the Paperwhite was first released (a 501 serial number).

I do notice some color tinges on both screens, but they're very faint. Neither really stops me from reading once I get into the story; they bother me more when I browse the forums and start obsessing about a "perfect" screen.

The new one has a slightly different color temperature, and the slight color "clouds" are in different places, which I notice less. It also seems a tad brighter at the same light level, with ever so slightly better contrast.

In short though, I'd say the differences aren't indicative of any newer build, that it's just a question of yield on their particular screens. It's still much better than using an external light, and I'll be sticking with the PW as it is for now.
Yellowfrog is offline   Reply With Quote