View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 05:38 AM   #1
Popup
Zealot
Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle3, paperwhite-2012, Oasis-2016, paperwhite-2019
Whispersync between K3 and iPhone kindle app

I've been trying to figure out how to get 'last read location' to sync between my K3 and iPhone kindle app. It works great for books bought through Amazon, but I haven't (yet) been able to get it to work for non-Amazon books.

I've been searching these forums, but with rather limited success. There are lots of posts saying either that it works or that it doesn't. (Roughly equal numbers...)

Supposedly it relies on the ASIN field being filled in, which recent versions of Calibre does when converting to mobi.

Is there a trick to copy the books to the devices? (I read a lot about DiskAid or iPhoneFolders, neither of which I've managed to use properly...) I prefer to use the Calibre Content Server when copying to the iPhone, and USB cable or e-mail to transfer to the Kindle - Is that supposed to work?

I would expect to see something in the wiki section, a bit like this, but for iPhone. If I figure out how to do it I promise to write it!

I'm currently using kindle app version 2.8.5 and K3 firmware 3.3.
Popup is offline   Reply With Quote