Thread: 903 new version of midori
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 02:38 PM   #36
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by willyloco View Post
I did what you suggested (same as I did a few times before) but I used Notepad++ this time. It works like a charm.
Thanks a lot.
This sounds like the old issue with line termination between dos/windows and unix. The first uses CR and LF, while the latter just uses LF. So, midori may have been reading the CR as part of whatever comes after the '=' in the configuration file. I also remember that dos files use an end-of-file character as well, but the unix ones don't. Maybe Notepad++ is smart enough to recognize and use whatever the existing convention is in the file.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote