View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #7
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Work arounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudiu View Post
I bought a Kindle Fire HD in the UK, while on holiday. Now, back to Australia, I cannot use it at its full potential. I cannot download any application or use the Amazon cloud player. When I am trying to download any app, the message "country settings not supported" pops up.
Any advice?
One possibility is to turn off Location Based Services in the More Menu from the Main Screen.

Another possibility is to use a UK IP obtained from this link:

http://www.hide-my-ip.com/

Yet another possibility is to mail your unit to a friend in the UK to do all your downloading for you and then send it back to you for reading.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote