View Single Post
Old 05-08-2013, 02:22 AM   #155
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I have Kobo launcher by sergeyvl12 running on my M92. It uses QT screen plugin. The plugin is very simple and it doesn't allow to control screen update too much. But it works ok by default. If I want to optimize screen refresh I could extend it to select waveform I need, etc like it is done for example in CR3 for Amazon:
Code:
    QKindleFb *pscreen = static_cast<QKindleFb*>(QScreen::instance());
    if (pscreen) pscreen->forceFullUpdate(fullScreen);
The main point is that is works out of the box and I don't even need to recompile Kobo applications, they run as is. The only problem is that I run it as qws server and I have to kill system_manager. This means I will need to implement all system manager functionality (such as power management, usb handling, etc) from scratch and I have nor time nor wish in doing so. That's why I hoped onyx could make something similar.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote