View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVoid View Post
Yes, that is true if you want a perfect conversion. But a readable conversion can be had with much less work. I used to use BookDesigner 5 to convert from PDF to LRF with acceptable results and minimal editing. Unfortunately BookDesigner does not support ePub, so an extra step would be needed.

Calibre is also one of the worst converters, it totally ruins paragraph and page layout with 1 line and empty pages, etc.

I will try the methods described by the thread starter.
Calibre is not as bad as you say. But given that I like my formatting a certain way, I do take the Calibre converted ePub and tweak it so it displays as I want. I also make sure the underlying code is fairly clean.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote