Thread: HD Should I upgrade?
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #53
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgeorg View Post
I realize this was posted awhile ago, but I am trying to decide what combo to purchase:
1) Kindle Fire HD 7" or perhaps 9"
2) Paperwhite reader + Samsung Galaxy (for audio/camera) 4" or 5"

Blossom, I was reading your post and was wondering why to spend the $ for both the KF and the SG, because the also KFHD supports audiobooks and music apps.

The Samsung Galaxy would have access to the Google android app market wouldn't it? That would be useful. Also, the rear camera is useful, and the 32GB extra memory card slot. It also has other bells and whistles. The screen quality/speakers would be less that the KF - but I basically read at home where I have my kindles, and would get the PW for night-time no ext. light reading.

Your posts are helpful and well-thought-out, so I am hoping that you can shed some light on my dilemma!

Hope this isn't too off-topic for this thread.
Thank you
I only use the KF for reading so that is only real benefit for me. I can't carry it around like a cell phone. I want the SG for that reason portability to listen to music on Amazon and Audible and many other things I now do with my phone. The sound of my phone is very tinny so I need something of better quality and battery life.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote