View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 10:35 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Can anyone give me a simple step-by-step instruction for increasing the size of the text in an ebook?

I have a book in Kindle / Mobi format, the text of which is a couple of points smaller than in I would like. I know I can change the size on the Kindle itself, but that would affect all the books on the device; I'd have to constantly reset the size every time I go into or out of this particular book.

I imported the book into Calibre, then went to Convert Individually / Look and Feel. The resulting dialogue asks for "base font size" (which is preset to zero) and "font size key" (which is blank).

My problem is that I don't know what to enter into those fields.

I'm not worried about rescaling all the fonts throughout the book. I just want to make the body text a couple of points larger.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hover your mouse over the field area for tips.
I use base 18
the wizard button gives more info and options.
basically, when the CSS calls for the use of xx-small the first key value gets used. xx-large, the last value. you can elect to be non-liniear on the values in between
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote