View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #15
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
Can the time-zone of the Kindle be changed programatically? This would be a nice plus for this DateTime button.

Also, related:
- command 'date' on Kindle shows GMT+12:22100 as time-zone;
- command 'date -u' shows UTC as time-zone;
- the delta=12:22 of the time-zone is consistent to /var/local/system/tzVar, which I updated, and to /var/local/java/prefs/com.amazon.ebook.framework/prefs entries device.tz.ltosec and device.tz.lasttz, which I edited and rebooted.

Now, the DateTime button behaves correctly, i.e. with respect to my time-zone, not to the strange 12:22 time zone. But the date command still behaves strangely. Why is that?

Later edit: as soon as I enter plane-mode again, the local time is messed up again. I honestly cannot understand this behaviour. Can someone explain this?

Last edited by hfpop; 08-28-2013 at 07:59 PM.
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote