View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
altruizine
Senior Altruist
altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altruizine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox C67ML, Onyx Boox Note Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Tough call really. Neither are better hands-down. Do you want to hack android and load apps and enjoy a wide-open platform as well as have buttons? […]
I have seen numerous instances now of the touting the T2's inherent hackability and openness, on various websites, but no facts to back up the claims. So I thought I'd chime in with a warning:

The T2 comes as a closed product, and will remain so unless some developer steps up and roots it. Unfortunately, there is no guarantee that'll happen, and so far I have seen no indication that any of this is taking place.

To the contrary, I sense a general underwhelmed feeling towards the T2 in the developer scene. The major motivation for the original developers – adding support for the Russian language – seems to have vanished with Sony's new official support for that language.

Of course, all that does not mean that the T2 will never receive a root crack – but it's a possibility you should be aware of.
altruizine is offline   Reply With Quote