View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
T2 or Paperwhite?

Hi, I feel it's time to move on from my 650 but don't know which to choose for my next reader, the T2 or Kindle Paperwhite. So far all my readers have been from Sony but although I like the look of the T2, from what I've seen of the Paperwhite, it does look to be an improvement with the built-in light for those dull winter days and a higher pixel density.

I'm posting here for advice, although it may not be the best place to post, here or the Kindle forum.

I use Calibre for my library and always remove DRM before transferring to my reader. I never use cloud storage of any kind and prefer to keep all my digital libraries on my own external hard drives so wouldn't connect to Amazon storage at all. Although my library is currently 99% EPub with a few PDFs, I'm guessing that I can just convert them to Mobi using Calibre and then load onto the Kindle - I am happy to use USB not wifi. Has anybody experience with this, any problems or disadvantages found?

Any comments and advice would be appreciated.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote