View Single Post
Old 12-17-2013, 05:28 PM   #1612
Dawe84
Dawe84 began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox M92
2013-12-04-update - some critical coments

Hello,
I would like to share some comments on the last firmware update for M92.
I feel disappointments about some features. Although the July update solved some bugs, the last update put them back.

First problem is Office reader. Scrolling at the end of page, I cannot turn to next page, it is impossible. This problem was solved by July update, but it is back now.

The second problem is organization of Font menu (reflow). July update brought in another scale (I think from 25 % to 600 % by 25-50 %) and option customize reflow (free number from 100 to 800 %). On the other hand, zooming by joystick was canceled. Zoom by joystick was brought back by the new update, but other negative things brought back. There is once again scale from 100 to 340 % by 10 % without customization. Fortunately, higher reflow is possible, but the percentage is not displayed.

The last update brought some new functions. Multitasking work well and is very useful.
New margins settings under page settings are very interesting; however, further improvement is necessary. I don't know what is different between universal manual and odd even margins. Configuring universal manual margins and scrolling at the bottom of the page, I cannot turn on next page or scrolling by joystick at the bottom of the page, I have to use forward key, it does mot display top of the next page but only the bottom of next page. The view is not correct, the text is moved to the right margin with empty space on the left. Move of margins is perfect but as I an writing, application is worse. In scanned pdf documents, it is very difficult to configure margins because these can differ at each page.

I have some wishes for next updates. You should improve work with scanned PDF documents. I understand, there is impossible to make annotations. However, we have multitasking, what is ideal to open some note taking application simultaneously with scanned document and write down then own notes. This application is missing.

I would like to see option "to content" or "to text" displaying the text on full screen without margins om the basis of text recognition. I cannot use glyph embolden option during reflow, I have to go to basic size, embolden and then reflow and increase the size.

I am visually impaired so I would welcome larger font in system menus and lists of applications and documents.

This is all for now. Have you got same experience? Could you please give me advice with some of these problems?
Dawe84 is offline   Reply With Quote