View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 03:56 PM   #84
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
haha! Someone did just mention it above. Need backup of android 2.2 to make it work for PE.

<my original message>
Hi All,

I finally managed to get Market to work after countless attempts. Want to share a piece of information on how i was able to install Market. Someone might already have mentioned this small but important ifo, so sorry for any duplication. If its something obvious, sorry for my slow mental faculties.

Here it is,

First attempts... i did the backups using the Titanium backup method using my MyTouch 4G phone as source then restored onto Pocket Edge - result: FAILURE! Did this a number of times...

Suddenly it hit me after a few days, MyTouch 4G has Android 2.3 while Pocket Edge has 2.2. Hmmm... could it be versions being incompatible... Good thing i still have my ole reliable G1... installed Titanium backup on my G1... backed-up Market and Google Services Framework... restored them on my Pocket Edge... voila! Success! I almost cried... almost... lol

Probably when the Titanium backup method was written up, Android 2.2 was the version common. Now, we have 2.3 (and higher?).

Also, i didn't need to convert system files to user files so Titanium backup free version will probably be enough.

Anyway, hope this help someone from countless days of hair pulling and sleepless nights.
That's my issue too, my phone is running 2.3 Cyanogenmod. And I can't root my Boyfriend's 2.2 froyo phone because he's afraid I will break it. I'm trying it with emusan's Tibu backups.. but they don't work with the market either.

Either way, there's more to this issue than just the market. I can't even get it to set up an account with google because it thinks its a phone.. even though its connected to wifi it says NO DATA.
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote