View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunobruno View Post
Thanks for your reply. Did you know that Inclusion of NCX documents is actually recommended for forward compatibility? (Also noted in our wiki)

I think I made it following spec. The problem is when uploading to iBooks on my iPad3 it doesn’t seem to work.

Yes, just didn’t want to post a lot of code here. Let me know if you want me to upload the complete epub.
NCX can't be the only TOC for ePub 3 but can be included if there is sufficient similarity to ePub 2 to allow a reader to use it.

As you know from the wiki page, iBooks is not exactly following the ePub 3 specification, it is leading it. It has requirements that are different from the spec. It is likely that one of those additional requirements is causing the problem. Even ePub 2 books don't always work properly in iBooks.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote