View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 04:57 PM   #1
bbr
bbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with othersbbr plays well with others

Device: iPod Touch
Lightbulb Feature request - marking books with custom flags

I'll start from the beginning,
I'd like to mark books in my library as "Have read", "Not read yet", "Want to read soon". Or something along those lines.

Abusing the Tags column is an option obviously.
However, I feel tags are more meant for the actual description of the book. And there are MANY many tags in existence already, it'd be a hassle to search for such new tags among the already existing ones.
And, I'm not keep on deleting books after reading them as I like to keep my library in tact so I can share it with friends.

It would be great if a new column could be added which could facilitate the "I have read this book" behavior.

Perhaps it would even be possible to add a form of "custom status" column, where you could define the values in the preferences.
In a way it would be much like tags, but dedicated to the status of the book in your library, rather than it's contents and content description.

Other thoughts and ideas would be most welcome
bbr is offline   Reply With Quote