View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 10:34 PM   #48
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo View Post
Why should I adjust my body to reading on LCD screens when there are other alternatives?

If reading on LCD screens works for you, great. Do not assume that those of us who prefer reading on other non-lit devices are unaware of how to properly set up LCD screens.
I don't think that was his intention. I think what he meant was a lot of people ONLY have experience reading on LCD screens of desktops and laptops.

With those it's a problem of form factor (as well as perhaps screen type) as you it's hard to read with them the ideal distance from your eyes etc.

Vs. a tablet, PDA etc. where you can hold it just like you do your Kindle or other e-ink device.

I hate sitting and reading on my pc or laptop. But have no issues with LCD screens on something like the iPad. I can hold them just like I do my Kindle or a paper book, while I can't do that with my desktop monitor or my laptop.

Now for people who have read on a PDA, iPad, Jetbook etc. and still didn't like the experience, that's fine and the screen type just isn't for them. But people shouldn't write off LCD screens based soley on their PC/laptop experiences as it's just very different do the form factor.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote