View Single Post
Old 09-24-2008, 11:06 AM   #1
henrikb
henrikb began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Worst case customer handling?!

I bought my iLiad V2 in July because it
1) was the only reader I could use for A4 pdfs
2) had a strong community and company support (but poor complaint handling)
3) was not restricted to proprietary file types
4) had just launced the Book edition and I expected that there would be some time until next product launch
5) it seemed like a very strong product

Now, I'm
1) waiting for a box to ship the thing to repairs because the buttons stopped working
2) am incredibly disappointed by the sudden launch of a successor (likely to kill the iLiad community - fearing I will never have a fully working djvu reader) and abrubt halt of iLiad features that were promised - comments from iRex employees have been floating around for long about e.g. a new, streamlined reader.

All in all, I am stuck with a reader that I would never have bought if I would have been informed a mere 3 months prior to launch of its successor - I would have waited and both the successor instead!

Irex, you have to understand that you DO NOT launch successors to a very expensive prototype without giving a notice in advance - unless, of course, you have a replacement policy ready.

I feel ripped off. And I just don't buy the 'complementary' product line comments - to me they're 100% substitutes.
henrikb is offline   Reply With Quote