View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #82
Harmon
King of the Bongo Drums
Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Harmon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Excelsior! (Strange...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
This baffles me, if you were in good faith when you acquired the item, wouldn't you be allowed to treat it as your own?
I buy a bike. Crook steals it from off my porch and sells it to you.

Now I see you riding down the street on my bike. I go up to you, claim my bike, and you say you bought it in good faith. You refuse to give me my bike.

I follow you home and take the bike off your porch when you go inside.

Have I stolen "your" bike? Do you really think that the police should arrest me for taking my own bike, and make me give it back to you?

"Good faith" has nothing to do with it.