View Single Post
Old 10-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #213
olag
olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.olag could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kindle K3 Keyboard
Checking In on Failed to initialize error

Quote:
Originally Posted by olag View Post
So now I have a different problem and was trying to search the forum to see if it is talked about somewhere else and seems the forum search doesnt like the string in quotes "Failed to initial flash"

So after getting to the Flash Tool and setting the settings (i.e. Operation type, settings and image), the blue bar grows and then in the bottom window it says:

"Failed to initial flash or Do not suport this Flash, please reset the target"

Any idea what the problem is now?
Thank again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olag View Post
So after spending lots of time going through the different forum posts I honestly can't tell if the people with the same issue ever got there device working. I have tried all the things posted.

1. tried to flash the bootloader posted (unzipped and renamed partitiontable-header-uboot.img.gz posted by hawhill). I thought this was just what i needed as i realize that when i followed the K3noobdebrickatk guide in the given order for setting ATK settings selecting MMC/SD sets the Address to 00000000 and realize that I didn't notice this until after the Program button was pressed. Though even on that first occurance I'm pretty sure it error-ed out as I didn't even know what a success looked like until browsing a different forum stream.
On a related note there is the bootloader 3.3 but no 3.0. Yet given that i couldn't even get the 3.3 to program without the "Failed to initial..." error I guess it's kinda moot for the time being.

2. Tried switch the battery with my wife's working kindle because my device did do the connect/disconnect from computer thing that was mentioned earlier in the posts. (yet then realized it was mentioned that this connect/disconnect is normal i think due to inactivity on the line.

So I'm pretty much at my end and would greatly appreciate any other suggestions.
Did anyone ever find a successful way to debrick after getting this error?
olag is offline   Reply With Quote