View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 08:02 AM   #206
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeby View Post
Since we have no other way to get to other continents in most cases "not flying" is impractical. You often there the "if you don't like it don't so and so" when someone has a problem with stupidity.
Then lobby for change. When you make the choice to board an airline, you should agree to follow their safety rules throughout the flight.

Quote:
That is a very weak response to wrongs. The TSA and airlines have used the guise of safety to implement a lot of stupid rules and actions. Those who so blindly defend this actions are part of the problem not someone who reads a harmless Kindle on a plane. Some people cannot see the forest for the trees.
You misunderstand me. I _agree_ that kindles and other electronic devices probably post little risk during take off and landing. I believe there's quite a bit of evidence that supports the lack of interference. However, it's not my plane and whilst that rule is in place over safety concerns and there are other passengers onboard, I'll follow it.

Quote:
I would love to see a list of the rules those of you who are so insistent break every day, and I know you do because nobody follows all rules.
I doubt you'll find anyone who doesn't break one rule or another. However when it comes to rules in place for safety and when breaking that rule might impact others, we should all follow them (and if we disagree with it, lobby for change).

There may be a load of laws/rules about safety I don't follow in my life, for example when I'm in my own home, because at the end of the day, I'm the only one who will be impacted by it. Yet when my actions might impact others, I do follow the rules.

Last edited by JoeD; 04-09-2012 at 08:54 AM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote