View Single Post
Old 03-18-2009, 01:12 PM   #136
TwinMoonsAnime
TwinMoonsAnime began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
That's exactly what happened with my Kindle 2 today. I was sitting at my desk and noticed that my Kindle was trying to install an update. And sure enough, the update failed. I connected the Kindle to my computer and copied the update bin file to my computer. Then I deleted it and copied over the hack un-install bin and ran that. After the hack was un-installed, i copied the kindle update bin back to the kindle and the update to 2.02 went smoothly. After that I ran the screensaver hack again and it appears to be running fine.

I want to thank the author for this great hack. I don't see why Amazon makes such a big deal about giving us this capability to start with. It seems that they have gone on a control-freak trip as of late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister View Post
I love the hack. Thank you Clarknova and Igor! It is so nice seeing my smiling kids face instead of a dead author.

What will happen if you have this hack installed and the Kindle tries to update via wireless? I was able to update to 2.0.2 but I did it it after restoring with restore bin file and then updating with screen saver bin. I updated to 2.0.2. with downloaded file. I'm a bit concerned that I will be out and about one day and the Kindle will try to update.

Thanks!
TwinMoonsAnime is offline   Reply With Quote