View Single Post
Old 04-01-2014, 02:48 PM   #160
arcadesdude
Lexically Impaired
arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadesdude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Got it. I changed the FL variable in all two scripts to

/sys/class/backlight/max77696-bl/brightness

then it seems to work.

I don't have the time right now to adjust the script so it will work on both Paperwhite versions but shouldn't be a big deal (e.g. check if the first file exist (then it's a Paperwhite 1) if not check for the brightness file (then it's a Paperwhite 2) - in all other cases it's not a Paperwhite at all)
I had to do this too to make it work on my PW2. Just following the instructions in the author's post didn't make it work, but after changing the .sh scripts to match the new variable name it worked like a charm!

Thank you joblack and also DuckieTigger, of course, for this extension!
arcadesdude is offline   Reply With Quote