View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 05:24 AM   #8
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by khayman View Post
Some tips:
Using a CPU/Bus Speed of 10/5MHz and a Menu Speed of 222/111MHz (can be set in Bookr`s options), I found that I have around 6-7 hours of battery time with it, although I used to have more (old battery). Bind both left+right arrow and left+right triggers for previous/next page, this way you can flip pages easily no matter which hand you`re holding your PSP with.

Set it to a black background, cream/light brown colored text, use Arial as font and use the lowest brightness level, that way it`s good for reading in the dark. I have personally found that a font size of 16 and a line height of 110 are optimal for me, but obviously everyone should experiment and see what`s better.

More recent versions of bookr can be found here, the 3.71 one works for PSP Slim as well. This version also supports DJVU, but I can`t vouch for that, I only use it for txt files; plus it swaps X and O, which I honestly like a lot. It also has a Plain text - Wrap CRs option, but I haven`t really experimented with this, I usually remove linebreaks with MS Word.
Ehi, thanks a lot for the tips !
I was using an old "O button" version without the MenuSpeed option.
The 3.71 is more comfortable.
I only used the standard BookR fonts, but I'm now starting experiment some alternative.
I'm using a black bgnd with grey text and it's great for reading in bed wihout disturbing my wife.
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote