View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
I don't usually convert ebooks with Calibre, but every once in a while it solves a problem for me, fast. I did an epub to epub conversion recently, and I noticed that instead of margin-top, margin-bottom, margin-left and margin-right in the CSS, I now see one single margin property or class (or whatever it's called), which I HATE. Is there a setting somewhere that will force Calibre to use margin-top, margin-left, etc. when converting? Apologies if this has been covered previously, but I couldn't find anything about it. A link to another thread would be fine. Thanks.
margin: 1em 16pt 1em 2pt;

is the short form version
I have never seen Calibre use that in calibre# styles.
I tend to use those to show I have edited a conversion

I also don't believe Calibre ever changed a defined class that DID ise the short form.

The form is easy to remember
margin: 1em =All margins are 1em
margin: 1em 2em = top and bottom 1 em, right and left 2em
margin: 1em 16pt 1em 2pt; =(top, right, bottom, left) Clockwise starting at the top
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote