View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 05:14 AM   #546
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by viragored View Post
Usability suggestion from a newbie: I got confused when presented with a screen telling me that it was normal to flash the main partition, with a changeable space containing a letter 'X'. It wasn't clear to me if the X meant the partition would be flashed (which I didn't want), or would not be flashed. How about a few words to say what effect the X will have - or maybe make the box contents a choice between N (for no) and Y (for yes) to flash the partition?
Hmmm... I don't think I can easily change the display behavior - but IMHO, [X] for checked and [ ] for "unchecked" should be pretty universally understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viragored View Post
Thanks v much for what looks like a great tool. I'm pretty much new to the innards of computers but I've successfully downloaded the iso file and burnt it to a DVD. Then I booted (eventually, but that's another story) from the DVD and ran Kubrick. So I think I may have a jailbroken Kindle Touch, running 5.3.7. But how can I tell if it all worked?
If it went through without errors, it worked.

More specifically: you will be able to install packages published on this site if - and only if - the jailbreak is installed.

Quote:
I've tried loading the collections manager and get an error message that tells me my Kindle is not approved as a development device. And I think I've done all the steps in the 'collections' thread - but I did get an error from the update, which said 'Kindle update not successful, error code 03' (at least, I think from memory that's what it said).

All help will be most welcome!
You didn't install the update.bin correctly. Welcome to the club of people who don't read instructions... SCNR . The correct way of installing update*.bin files is repeated in every single README file contained in the downloads, and it's been repeated hundreds of times here in the forum. Here's the 101st time: Don't restart the Kindle from the settings menu, but update it.

There is a reason why README files are called README.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote