View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #12
Lloyd Tackitt
Lloyd
Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lloyd Tackitt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
I used an American editor for my skinhead romance (set in England). While I did act on most of them, and did learn a lot from the experience, a few I thought were just down to cultural or language differences. I also ignored the suggestions to tone down the violence and swearing.

The easy ones I did in order, the ones that needed a bit of a re-write I left until last. Then I left it for a month before having another read through. I think I changed a few of the edits back to what they were originally after that because it didn't read right to me.

Bottom line, the writer should have the final say.
Coincidentally, and conversely, I use an English editor. I warned him that I speak, and tend to write, with a Texas dialect. It makes for some pretty interesting comments back and forth which I enjoy. I debated using an American editor on the second book, but decided to stick with the one I had because there is a certain enrichment the book gets from that other world view point. It makes for some quirky sentences that I like. I do get some feedback about strange sentence structure in the reviews. When you blend continental english with Texan it can be fun.
Lloyd Tackitt is offline   Reply With Quote