View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post
I doubt whether you would be likely to have any valid reason to reject edits unless you have a very incompetent editor.
I used an American editor for my skinhead romance (set in England). While I did act on most of them, and did learn a lot from the experience, a few I thought were just down to cultural or language differences. I also ignored the suggestions to tone down the violence and swearing.

The easy ones I did in order, the ones that needed a bit of a re-write I left until last. Then I left it for a month before having another read through. I think I changed a few of the edits back to what they were originally after that because it didn't read right to me.

Bottom line, the writer should have the final say.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote