View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Tom Swift
Addict
Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tom Swift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (plus lots of older devices)
Just broke my 500. Should I buy another or get a 505?

Well, my 500 died a violent death. Lets just say that when they hit a concrete wall, bad things happen. Anyway, I can't live without it now so I am shopping.

My options are to get another 500 from eBay or a 505, which will be available in Canada and I can get it sent over here.

500 - Pro: I have a cradle for the 500. Cheaper. I like the joystick to change pages. The buttons on the bottom seem to be in a good place.
Con: Older technology.

505 - Pro: Better screen, newer model.
Con: Not familiar with it. Don't know about no joystick, buttons in side seem to get in the way. More expensive.

I am leaning towards another 500. My question is, should I get a 505? I use my joystick to change pages (I have the hack) and I wonder if the lack of a joystick and the buttons on the side will irritate me. Also, it is about twice as much money.

So, experienced members, any suggestions?
Tom Swift is offline   Reply With Quote