View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
Snauzoo
Enthusiast
Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Snauzoo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iPad
Large File Conversion MOBI -> ePub Hangs at 67%

I have a huge MOBI file - it is a set of books, four volumes. For some reason it is one big file (about 7 MB) and it will not covert past 67%. I have no problem converting other type files on my system such as FLAC to m4a ALAC, where the files are ten times that size, so I do not think it is my computer, but it is possible that this needs more resources than dbPoweramp I can get it to open in the reader, but paging through it is annoying and I do not want to sit atthe desk and read 7000+ pages when I have a nice warm iPad sitting at my chairside. Any ideas? I have done lots of conversions already and never saw the program hang. That said, this was the first one I tried after downloading the newest version. to any one who has an idea for me.

ETA: was using an older sony vaio laptop 2 ghz with 1g ram - so tried it on a brand new dell dual core 4 ghz with 2 g ram and it got stuck in the exact same place - just got there faster

Last edited by Snauzoo; 06-06-2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: to add additional information
Snauzoo is offline   Reply With Quote