View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 05:53 AM   #18
Clemenseken
eWriter
Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Clemenseken can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PB-IQ / Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindemaximilian View Post
If you take out all the inflections of the words you strongly reduce the usefulness of the dictionary for ebook reading, at least on devices which have no word input possibility. For instance, on the Cybook Gen 3 there is a look-up function for mobi books where you can obtain the translation of a word in the text you are just reading. But it must be the exact grammatical form of this very word; if you select the word mangiamo and it is not in the dictionary you will not get a result.
Well, but what I do is a dictionary in PDF format. Does the lookup function jump to words IN A PDF directly? If so - you wouldn't need any page numbers on my dictionaries, would you?
That would of course be a reason to keep all 150,000 in it...
But, alas, my Sony does not support any "lookupping"...
Do you happen to know if the PRS505 (new model) does support this?

See you later, Clemens

...one more thing: I just updated (exchanged) the dictionary...4p.pdf file to a one with FOUR empty pages after the A-Z pages! This way you'll save a lot of computing power...

Last edited by Clemenseken; 12-16-2007 at 08:40 AM.
Clemenseken is offline   Reply With Quote