View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 11:25 PM   #168
andrys
Explorer
andrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchforkandrys can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindles,SurfacePro2,NookColor,Pocket Edge,Samsung 10.1 Tab,S2 phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricou View Post
Hi there,
Last but not least I tried another 60 Mb file for a RPG book. This book had a lot of pictures in it, and the background was also a picture made to look like old paper.
This background showed white. And some picture were replaced by black boxes, so they did not appear.

I will try to see whether I can improve that by converting this PDF to a PDF more suited to Kindle using Calibre. It seems strange that for some pages, the picture did not appear while it did for others.

But all in all, I am very satisfied with my new purchase. I do not regret not purchasing an iPad instead, I would have gotten video and colour, but also backlighting which is killing me for reading.

Cheers
If the dimensions of the photo are larger than the size of the screen or maybe just too dense and heavy in size, it won't show up on the Kindle.

I hope your results are good.
andrys is offline   Reply With Quote