View Single Post
Old 03-20-2015, 11:08 PM   #11
dgatwood
Curmudgeon
dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dgatwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, Nook Simple Touch
Still no response after... eight inquiries by my count, over the course of an entire month.

The best part? Nook Press just sent me an email encouraging me to join their affiliate program. I sent them back a complete list of every attempt I had made to do so. Just for your amusement, I thought I'd share it with folks. I don't expect a reply. After all, why break a perfect record?

----

I find it absolutely hilarious that you just sent me an email suggesting that I join your affiliate program. Here's what happened when I tried:

Feb. 21: First attempt to join the program. Followed instructions on an old page that didn't tell me to include my LinkShare ID. No response.

Feb. 21: Found another page with more info. Sent a more complete request. Also no response.

Feb. 24: Sent a follow-up email because I hadn't heard back. No response.

Feb. 26: Sent an inquiry to Nook Press asking what was going on. Also no response. (I've gotten responses on every Nook Press query except this one.)

Feb. 27: Sent an inquiry to the main B&N customer service address. Also no response. (I've gotten responses on every customer service query but this one and its companion on Mar. 18.)

Mar. 6: Sent another attempt to join the program. No response.

Mar. 18: Sent another attempt to join the program. No response.

Mar. 18: Sent another request to B&N customer service, this time through a contact form on affiliates.barnesandnoble.com site. No response.

At this point, I'm operating under the natural assumption that your affiliate program is completely and utterly defunct—that the last employee in that division left, and his or her manager never bothered to hire a replacement. That's literally the only possible conclusion that any rational person could come to.

If you're not going to actually operate your affiliate program, you really shouldn't be mentioning it in your emails to us. If I'm wrong, and if there is actually someone reading those emails, please let them know that a month is entirely too long to wait for an initial reply. H***, even a "We're reviewing your application and will get back to you" email would be better than this.

The ironic thing is that Amazon's program is starting to seriously p*** me off (they closed my account and made me reapply because of undocumented, arbitrary, and capricious rules about what can and can't be in your list of domains). Had your affiliate program actually gotten back to me, I'd have been sending all my paper book sales to you instead of them for the past three days. But since you didn't answer, I'm continuing to put up with Amazon as my vendor of choice.

Please light a fire under your affiliate program team's a**es. You're not just losing sales. You're losing respect in the eyes of your vendors.

Sincerely,
David Gatwood
Gatwood Publishing
dgatwood is offline   Reply With Quote