View Single Post
Old 10-18-2013, 03:12 AM   #30
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
I asked the midori crew about it.

framebuffer gtk was never well supported... might see I can can get an ancient version running.

in the main, at this time - I got nothing, but Yolina's kind donation of a k3 could spur on support for at least a few older debian apps...

The real WIN would be wayland

and he's right about that. I'll see if I can convince buildroot to spit out something compliant enough for the older devices. (I have it for the newer ones)

again I will need help... no idea how to use it.
That's awesome twobob.

What I ideally like would be to get as many features as possible from newer Kindle's Webkit ported back to K3. <- Holy shit that was a good sentence I guess given English is my 3rd language, eh?

I'm getting my cross-compiling environment up and running on Arch again after almost 2 years. Was away for awhile.
To be honest, after owning a K3, I absolutely love it. An eReader without audio capabilities is useless for me and I don't like how companies are getting rid of them in new devices! As someone else said, K3 is like Microsoft's Windows XP. Everything about it just makes more sense, at least to me. I've not looked back at my Katie (KT: Kindle Touch ) since I got this baby behaving at home!

P.S. Wish Amazon could have upgraded another generation of Kindle Keyboard with more powerful CPU and etc. I'm sure people will jump on it.

Last edited by thatworkshop; 10-18-2013 at 03:22 AM.
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote