View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 08:12 PM   #24
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
Would have helped if your details said which country that is. You have actually been quite rude to some of the people who've tried to help you - might want to moderate your tone a bit.

Anyway, as it isn't actually clear what country you are in, another point in favour of the Sony - library borrowing doesn't work with the Kindle in many countries outside the US.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuggler View Post
I'm a long-time Amazon customer and though I know that I can reconvert and strip books purchased from Amazon, I a. am not sure of the legality of DRM-removal in my country (Australia) and b. really enjoy the ease of d/ling straight from Amazon to a device without bothering with that.
As quoted above, the first post mentioned their country. nuggler's tone has been very tolerant considering half the people responding in this thread, including you, don't seem to have bothered to read it which has resulted in a hijack speculating about release dates and new features.

As you've discovered nuggler, people have strong opinions and biases towards the reader they've chosen. You can have the best of both worlds if you like the Sony reader and the Amazon ecosystem, if you are willing to strip the DRM and use the very useful program calibre to convert and manage your ebooks. Even with a Kindle I still do that so that I have secure backups of my ebooks, it's not that much extra work. I'm sure you'll be happy with either device. Happy reading!
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote