View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #8
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Then wouldn't *all* ebook readers need a lock to keep thieves from using them.
I think Amazon is in a unique position here since you can register your device to an account through the device itself. I would hope that if I contacted Fictionwise, BooksonBoard or any other store with whom I had a registered PID (or the Sony Connect store with their Reader's ID) and told them my device was stolen, that they would block that PID. Amazon blocking a Kindle PID doesn't make the Kindle unusable, but it makes it far less attractive.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote