View Single Post
Old 02-09-2009, 02:43 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
It would be nice to have a lock to make it unusable to someone who took your Kindle, though. If you report it missing, Amazon will deregister your Kindle and the new person can just register it. They're not charging books to you but they get to use the device with Amazon even though Amazon knows you bought it and you're telling them it was stolen. They don't want to get involved. My husband's Kindle was missing a few months ago. (Luckily it was returned by a kind, honest person.) When I asked them if I there was anything they could do if someone registered it, they said no. I wanted to keep the Kindle registered to me and block it. They have no way to do that. People can deregister from the menu, so even if you register it to an account without a card, if they have the slightest idea what they're doing or poke around a bit, they'll figure out how to deregister it. If you locked both purchasing and deregistering, that would be quite worthwhile.
Then wouldn't *all* ebook readers need a lock to keep thieves from using them.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote