View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #14
mjh215
Guru
mjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentametermjh215 can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: None of your business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
Also, Amazon is making a huge mistake in under-estimating demand. Every time they lose a sale because of not having stock risks someone buying a competitors product, and this loses not only the profit from the e-reader but also loses all that profit from reoccurring ebook sales.
I don't really think Amazon is to blame on that... (Actually, not really anyones -fault-)... I think it is down to the eInk production limitations. And most likely the production is already expanding as quickly as it can, I think we see a constant increase in numbers from the big players (like Amazon and Sony) not to mention new players every other month.

It's not as if eInk can just decide to buy facilities to manufacture an unlimited stock in any given time. If you look at game consoles as a comparison, even they fail in these regards. Even with capitol exceeding eInk's by several orders of magnitude. And that is a much more predictable market then ebook devices.

-MJ
mjh215 is offline   Reply With Quote