View Single Post
Old 10-14-2014, 07:20 PM   #32
jj2me
Guru
jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jj2me ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, -350; Kindle 3 3G, DX, PW 2; various tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
I only read one book at a time on each device and have multiple books going at one time, so each reader is for a different book.
Funny, that's my usage pattern too. I've got 6 books going on 5 readers now. I don't know why, but that preference just evolved on its own. It's not like it's so difficult to tap around to another book on the same e-reader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura-panda View Post
With the exception of my very first ebook reader (Sony PRS-505), I only buy when they are being sold at a significant discount.
Ditto. How else to be tempted to get another device of the same core function?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
I don't really have any rhyme, reason, or a well-thought-out reason for the devices that I currently have or have had.
Ditto, but I concocted rationalizations at the times of purchase.

My accumulation progression, not counting tablets and phones:
1. Sony PRS-505 (~$250?): Free classics!
2. Kindle 3 Keyboard ($189): Free Amazon ebooks! Free Calibre newspapers and magazines, automagically delivered!
3. Sony PRS-350 ($75 refurb): A pocketable reader, at almost half off!
4. Sony PRS-350 ($75 refurb): Better get a backup, 'cause nobody's making 5" Pearl screens anymore!
5. Sony PRS-350 ($37.50 refurb): Who can resist at that price!
6. Kindle Paperwhite 2 4GB No-SOs ($89): Built-in light, at the lowest price yet!

(They're all in perfect condition. Making the backup of the backup especially foolish.)
jj2me is offline   Reply With Quote