Thread: Kobo Newbie
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
shanghaichica
Guru
shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shanghaichica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Scribe,Kindle Oasis 3, iPad Pro 11, iPhone 13 Pro Max,iPad mini 6, PW5
Kobo Newbie

Hi. So I went into a store today and saw the kobo glo on display and was totally blown away by it and am now really considering getting it. I've just bought a kindle touch and have had a kindle keyboard for years. I have a large collection of kindle books but I've got some epubs left from when I used a Sony reader and I am somewhat familiar with the Kobo store as I used to buy books from there. I do think that a frontlit ereader would be nice and was considering the paperwhite but as I've just bought the touch it seems as though the paperwhite adds little to what I've already got but the Kobo would add a lot more as it had the front lit features but is a different device with a lot of different features and also gives me a platform to read epubs. As I've only ever used Sony and kindle devices before so I want to clarify some things before I take the plunge and get one.

Buying books:

Can I download books directly to the device from the Kobo store or do I have to go through adobe digital editions?

If I buy from other sites which are not kobo I asume I'd have to download to my pc and then transfer through Adobe digital editions?

What kind of guarantee do I get from Kobo and would I have to send it away to be repaired or do I return it to the shop I've bought it from.
shanghaichica is offline   Reply With Quote