View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 02:42 AM   #159
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestidigitweeze View Post
No, it is merely a generalization -- one which might or might not be hateful depending on tone and context.

People who talk about prejudice need to be very specific about the shades and nuances they're addressing. Hyperbole is the grandfather of the stereotype.

The main reason I don't use words like hater is because I try to avoid substituting cultural shorthand for my own thoughts.

Andrew:

One problem with focusing on accuracy alone is that you're leaving out the baggage of the word hater -- its history of connotations.

Besides which, it's too easily applied to everyone. Someone could easily call you an Android hater even though your position is not that simple. Anything can look like hatred if the accuser is staring at it from that particular vantage.
Sounds like blinding rationalization and excusing to me.
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote