Thread: PRS-T1 Firmware Update
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #60
susaz
Zealot
susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Grammata Papyre 6.2, Sony PRS T1, Nook ST Glow,Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
Approximately a week ago I installed new firmware.

No problems till yesterday. (except I cannot delete books on device itself and often get the reader application not working error)

Yesterday I got the continuous screen flash with reloading arrows which I had'nt encountered before and could not turn of the device. (happened when I turned page with hardware buttons)

I reset it and the book I was reading was back to page one.

Went to correct page and turned page with no problem.

Later set reader on nightstand to answer phone. When I picked it up go to box/slider was displayed.

Finished book. Started another book which went from page 47 to page 59 with no hitting of keys or noticeable page flashes, and I had cleaned screen after reset.

Went back and continued reading. Then it went back to page one. Just poof, reading page 88 and hit page turn button and I am on page one.

Don't get me wrong, I have had far worse problems with PRS-600 and my mother's kindle 3, they didn't malfunction as often, but when they did it was much harder to get them working again. I just don't see the firmware as having solved much. Hope it is better for most.

Helen
This happened to me a while back on a Nook Color with a book badly formatted. The same book, now on the T1 works beautifully. Try finding another source, or if you bought it ask the bookstore to recode it.
susaz is offline   Reply With Quote