Thread: PRS-T1 Firmware Update
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2012, 01:17 PM   #59
pssquirrel
ebooknut
pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pssquirrel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by pssquirrel View Post
I usually go back to the Home screen before putting my Reader to sleep. I'm wondering if the Reader does a "save" whenever you go to the Home screen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teknikal View Post
I think when it happened to me I did the same thing so you might be on to something, although I suspect the epub I was using probably played a part as well.
Here's what I'm thinking (which is mostly speculation and could be totally off):

When you close a book and go back to the Home screen, the current book page and all notes and bookmarks get saved. If you never close a book while reading (i.e., you just let the reader go to sleep with the book open), you will end up back at page 1 after a crash. But if you close a book before putting the reader to sleep, you'll go back to the previous reading session before the crash.

What I'm wondering is if closing a book and going back to the Home screen has other benefits (like clearing memory? refreshing certain firmware files?) that might help keep the reader stable and prevent crashes. I'm also wondering if shutting down the reader completely (say, once every week or every month?) will also "refresh" things and help prevent crashes.

And, of course, if you're reading an epub that is irregular in some manner, that could certainly aggravate the problem, increasing the likelihood of a crash.

Again, I'm just speculating.
pssquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote